Defensive Scoring "a.k.a. Target Shooting"
- We Like to Run!
- There is no 'no volley zone' (contrary to USAPA.1999.2.A)
- Played on standard tennis court, using only the service boxes (27'x 21')
(contrary to USAPA.1999.2.A)
- Played with a standard tennis-height net.(contrary to USAPA.1999.2.B.4)
- Touching the net is allowed. (contrary to USAPA.1999.7.E)
- Jumping over the net and somersaulting into the next court is encouraged.
- Innapropriate and offensive clothing allowed (contrary to USAPA.1999.2.E)
- Players do not need shirts (contrary to USAPA.1999.2.E)
- Only allowed when a team or player is not the serving side, i.e. is on
'defense', and thus not able to score a point through normal volley.
- Ball must strike opposing player in mid air- not off the bounce.
- The hand is considered part of the paddle, and does not count.
- If the above conditions are met, the team on defense earns one point for
striking the opponent legally. This makes people thing twice about crowding
the net. So does the welts it leaves. :)